Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Peep Cupcakes


I wanted to make really cute cupcakes for my Kindergarteners this year. So I googled cute cupcakes and came across these. The Food Network Cutest-Ever Easter Cupcakes. I loved the little chicks and they won in the Nest poll over the bunnies. My kids loved them and hopefully you will too!



Easter Peep Cupcakes

1 box cake mix (white)
oil
eggs
water
1 can of frosting (white)
food coloring (blue and green)
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 bag of Easter Egg jelly beans
3 packs of Peeps
Airheads (white is best but I ran out so I used some other colors as tulips)


1. Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, and water as per directions on the back of box. Bake in cupcake liners.


2. Tint frosting blue with 6-8 drops of blue food coloring. Mix well. Frost cupcakes

3. Stir 5-8 drops of green food coloring into the coconut. Stir till welly coated.


4. Unwrap airheads and cut in half. Then cut each half into a cracked egg shape.

5. Place one peep toward the back end of the cupcake. Add a cracked egg shell airhead in front of it.



6. Sprinkle some green coconut in front and around the peep and egg.

7. Place 3 jelly bean eggs in the coconut.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment