Monday, March 21, 2011

Irish Cream Fruit Dip


Strawberries were on sale this week, so, of course, a bunch ended up in my cart. While I was trying to think of something new to incorporate these strawberries, I rummaged around the fridge for inspiration. I noticed some mascarpone cheese, one of my favorites. And I saw the Irish cream I had recently made for St. Patrick's Day! So I thought Italian cheese + Irish cream would make a great homemade fruit dip for those strawberries and it turned out yummy. The dip was slightly sweet, nice and thick with the mild flavor of Irish cream.


6 oz cream cheese
8 oz mascarpone cheese
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Irish cream


1. Beat mascarpone and cream cheese together in a large bowl.

2. Add all other ingredients into bowl.

3. Beat together until creamy and well blended.

4. Serve with various fruits, small cookies or maybe even include it in a parfait.



Also featured on: Real Food Wednesday and Works for Me Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment